[arch-general] Problem with audio

Patrick Burroughs (Celti) celticmadman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 10:56:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM, edson duarte <edsonduarte1990 at riseup.net> wrote:
> and MPD works fine but when I try to use other programs like VLC, there
> is no sound but by restarting MPD's service sound works again.

Are you using PulseAudio? It may be that MPD is starting PulseAudio,
and because systemd --user daemons run outside the user session you
can't access the running PulseAudio from within your session without
restarting MPD. If this is the case, I recommend following the
instructions at [1] to send the audio from MPD to your user session
(ignore the fact that it's written to use different users; it will
work fine without that).

~Celti

[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MPD/Tips_and_Tricks#Local_.28with_separate_mpd_user.29