[arch-general] RFC on a WIP detailed class outline on static typing

Sam Stuewe halosghost at archlinux.info
Mon Dec 8 14:53:24 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

I have been working on "A Gentle Introduction to Static Typing" to be
taught in the Arch Classroom for a little while now, and I am hoping to
get some more feedback on the detailed outline I have before we set a
date for the class. The class is meant to only be an hour or two long
(but I would not be inherently against it splitting into two sessions
as-needed if those attending feel it is needed), and so the material
covered is fairly basic. In fact, this class, though it is a general
introduction, is meant to be a basic groundwork lead-in to an Intro to C
class I intend to teach later on.

The outline may be found here
(https://gist.github.com/HalosGhost/aaf5ea068ef0f2854a3c), and all
comments, questions, concerns and suggestions are welcome. I will be
monitoring this thread, as well as the related BBS thread
(https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=190788) and the comments on
the Gist itself. Feel free to reply wherever you are most comfortable.

--
All the best,
Sam Stuewe (HalosGhost)

All the best,