[arch-general] gnupg 2.1 not stable

Ido Rosen ido at kernel.org
Wed Dec 17 18:39:25 UTC 2014

Also, since it was mentioned regarding 2.1.x: ECC support is nice to
have, but is a new feature that's not required for Arch db/package
verification.  That's why I suggested that we downgrade gnupg to 2.0.x
and, for those users who are willing to take the risk with gnupg 2.1.x
before it is marked stable, we can create a gnupg21 package (perhaps
in AUR?), and then once gnupg 2.1 is marked as stable, we can rename
gnupg21 to gnupg and add conflicts= and replaces= as appropriate...

Gaetan, since you maintain gnupg, your word is law, so what are your thoughts?