[arch-general] dhcpcd not working after install from custom iso

Christian Demsar vixsomnis at fastmail.com
Mon Dec 22 04:48:51 UTC 2014

On December 17, 2014 2:46:07 PM EST, "P. A. López-Valencia" <vorbote at outlook.com> wrote:

>On 17/12/14 09:22, Christian Demsar wrote:
>> I had internet connection when installing from an iso I built using
>the
>> archiso tools, but dhcpcd isn't connecting any more (starting via
>> sytemd). I've also had internet access in previous installs of
>archlinux
>> and FreeBSD, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the
>hardware.
>>
>> [dmesg output] http://pastebin.com/vtVRid1Y
>> [ip link output] http://pastebin.com/gaZxUCmf
>
>You say you configured your connection with systemd. Do you mean you
>enabled dhcpd at enp2s0.service? I suggest you disable it and use
>systemd-networkd instead. It is very simple.
>
>Create a file called /etc/systemd/network/enp2s0.network that contains:
>
>[Match]
>Name=enp2s0
>[Network]
>DHCP=v4
>
>Enable and start systemd-networkd.service and reboot. Your link should
>come up online.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it turned out to be user error. I rechecked the hardware addresses, and enp1s0 was actually the dedicated nic I have registered.

This is odd, since I tried both devices initially, and neither worked. It's working now, at any rate. Nothing wrong with dhcpcd at all.
--
vixsomnis