[arch-general] Multithreaded XZ

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Mon Dec 22 07:15:13 UTC 2014

Jan Alexander Steffens <jan.steffens at gmail.com> on Mon, 2014/12/22 08:07:
> On Dec 22, 2014 8:00 AM, "Christian Hesse" <list at eworm.de> wrote:
> > For Arch packages there is nothing that requires repeatable output.
>
> Yes, there is. Package signatures are made using the compressed package.
> Delta packages work by patching the uncompressed package and then
> recompressing it. If the compressor works differently the verification of
> the product will fail. I'm not sure xdelta3 in smart enough to compensate,
> or if the needed information is even there.

Ah, ok... Never used delta packages. You are right then.

But the same applies for other compression options, no? How is gzip
compression speed (-1...9 --fast --best) handled?
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)