[arch-general] journalctl and I/O errors

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 09:37:37 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 7:33 AM, Janna Martl <janna.martl109 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Martti Kühne <mysatyre at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Mind sharing the coredump so we could have a look? :)
>
> Here's a backtrace, in case that helps:
>
> (gdb) bt full
> #0  journal_file_move_to_object (f=f at entry=0x969cbc0, type=type at entry=3,
> offset=2638264, ret=ret at entry=0xbfc6505c) at src/journal/journal-file.c:434

Uhh...

That error is inside the inner workings of the journal. The data
received there is obviously corrupted. Be really careful with that
drive now, I suggest immediate replacement unless you prefer relying
on imposition of hands and summoning the gods of sheer luck to get the
same data back that was written.

cheers!
mar77i