[arch-general] Forum registration requires INSANE captcha.

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 19:19:26 EST 2014

On 11 February 2014 00:00, Jeremy Nicoll - ml archlinux
<jn.ml.alx.581 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:

> I've been lurking on this maillist for maybe a year, after reading somewhere
> that Arch might be a good solution for me as a linux newbie.

I disagree with your source. If anything, Arch Linux is aimed at
experienced Linux users, who at least know the basic ins-and-outs of a
Linux-based operating system, and can solve their own problems (either
by first-hand knowledge, or by researching). That's not to say that
newcomers to Linux can't use Arch, they just shouldn't expect to have
their hand held and be spoonfed solutions to all their problems.

> It seems to me that this captcha stops potential linux users, as opposed to
those who do have a working system, from joining your forum.

Arch has no aims to be popular.

WorMzy