[arch-general] Forum registration requires INSANE captcha.

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 11 04:26:49 EST 2014

On 11 February 2014 09:16, Jeremy Nicoll - ml archlinux
<jn.ml.alx.581 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
> WorMzy Tykashi <wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 11 February 2014 00:00, Jeremy Nicoll - ml archlinux
>><jn.ml.alx.581 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
>>>
>> > I've been lurking on this maillist for maybe a year, after reading
>> > somewhere that Arch might be a good solution for me as a linux newbie.
>>
>> I disagree with your source. If anything, Arch Linux is aimed at
>> experienced Linux users...
>
> I don't think that that is the impression that one gets from the Archlinux
> website, where it starts with:
>
>   "You've reached the website for Arch Linux, a lightweight and
>    flexible Linux distribution that tries to Keep It Simple."
>
> but I see that the last paragraph of the 'About' page ends by saying:
>
>   "designed to fit the needs of the competent Linux user."
>
> which seems to echo what you (and others) have said.

You're not wrong to think Arch Linux is suitable for _competent_
beginners, and I do not doubt that you are one.

It is unfortunate that we have to resort to alternative methods to
prevent unwanted robots and humans from littering our communication
channels, but don't let that discourage you.

A little persistence may well be correlated with competency ;)

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1