[arch-general] "Automatic" upgrade
ismael.bouya at normalesup.org
Tue Feb 11 05:42:18 EST 2014
I know it is highly discouraged and that it can break the machine, but I
have a good reason to do it anyway:
It's highly unpractical to me to access the machine from where I am --
even remotely: I need someone to manually open a tunnel each time I want
to access the machine --, and the other person who has root access to the
machine doesn't think of doing the upgrade regularly: Last upgrade was 2
months ago, despite regular reminders.
However I want to do it the best way:
- Check that the Arch news didn't change
- ssh is run as a service and not a socket (it's a headless machine)
- Ignore ssh, linux, grub upgrades
- Transmit the log by email (I *will* read it)
- Send by email the list that will be upgraded before doing the upgrade
Anything else I should check before running an automatic upgrade? Any
Thanks in advance for any advice!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the arch-general