[arch-general] "Automatic" upgrade

Ismael Bouya ismael.bouya at normalesup.org
Tue Feb 11 20:16:39 EST 2014

(Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 09:51:10PM -0300) Hugo Osvaldo Barrera :
> Can the machine download emails from a remote server?
> You could set something up that downloads emails from a certain mailbox,
> validates they're PGP signature, and runs the body as a shell script.
> Tedious, but it works.

Yes (I didn't test it actually but I think I can have it), but it's
always the same problem: I have to trust "something" (a GPG key, an SSH
key, a VPN, a machine, whatever...) outside of the closed network.

The advantage of what I was trying to do in the first place (automatic
upgrades) is that I don't need to open a hole to access the machine as
long as there is no problem.

--
Ismael