[arch-general] Systemd email notifications

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 08:49:24 EST 2014

On Thursday 13 Feb 2014 13:41:21 Damien Churchill wrote:
> You could use unit overrides[0] to add the OnFailure to provided
> units. So should be able to set it up for any service you are
> interested in receiving notifications for, I would assume.

Yes, absolutely, but this only works for a subset of units: it
wouldn't be practical to override every unit on the system in
order to monit for failures.  Currently, I have a cron job that runs
"systemctl --failed" and mails me the output if it's not an empty
list.  It would be nice to have a more elegant solution than that to
monitor for unexpected failures.

Paul