[arch-general] libvirt / lxc : no valid cgroup for machine

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 18:52:51 EST 2014

> - Systemd creates all necessary cgroups

How can I be sure systemd created them ? Are the command line &
results below OK ?

gabx at hortensia ➤➤ ~aur/libvirt-git # cat /proc/cgroups
#subsys_name    hierarchy    num_cgroups    enabled
cpuset    3    2    1
cpu    4    2    1
cpuacct    4    2    1
memory    5    2    1
devices    6    2    1
freezer    7    2    1
net_cls    8    2    1
blkio    9    2    1

> - The cgroup that gets auto-created (machine.slice/machine-lxc...)

Where can I see these cgroup and who auto-created them ?

needs
> to be chown'ed to the mapped uid/gid. libvirt doesn't do that yet, but
> there's a patch on the libvirt devel mailing-list by Richard Weinberger
> which fixes this. Posted yesterday.

- I tried to install linvirt-git, but got an error when building.

> - The container's rootfs needs to be chown'ed to the mapped uid, I used
> a simple script that reads `ls -n` and chowns all dirs and files with a
> defined offset (new_uid=$[$old_uid + 5000] .. you get the idea)

I think I see. Do you mean sharing your script?

TY Tom for your help.