[arch-general] NetworkManager 0.9.8.8-2 does not work with systemd 208

Mark E. Lee mark at markelee.com
Sun Feb 23 21:30:56 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 10:17 +1000, Austin Lund wrote:
> After my last upgrade I noticed that the NetworkManager service was
> failing.  The error message was that NetworkManager could not load
> because it couldn't find libsystemd.so.0.   I'm running systemd
> 208-11.
>
> The unified systemd library is in 209, irrc.  Systemd 209 isn't
> available in core yet, but nevertheless, the dependencies in
> NetworkManager should have been updated.
>
> Solution to the problem is to force NetworkManager to 0.9.8.8-1.

Salutations,

I downgraded and can confirm that fixes the situation. This was a pretty
bad situation for me since I don't keep a package cache (I run on usb);
I ended up rebuilding network manager 0.9.8.8-1 using an old PKGBUILD.
Why was networkmanager pushed before systemd?

Regards,
Mark

--
Mark E. Lee <mark at markelee.com>