[arch-general] nano syntax highlighting doesn't work

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Feb 25 06:51:32 EST 2014

Hi,

I don't know how to get syntax highlighting for nano, when I start it
from the Jwm menu.

Now I run
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep nano .jwmrc
      <Program label="Nano">roxterm --maximize -T Nano -e nano</Program>
and syntax highlighting doesn't work.

If I run nano in roxterm by
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ nano /etc/fstab
the highlighting (~/.nanorc) takes effect, but if I run
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ nano
and then read /etc/fstab I don't get syntax highlighting.

If the below option should be related to the highlighting, then I don't
understand how to use it.
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ nano --help | grep syntax
 -Y <str>	--syntax=<str>
Syntax definition to use for coloring

Any hints are welcome.

Regards,