[arch-general] Bridge interface with netctl

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 08:09:42 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM, arnaud gaboury
<arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:
> --
>>
>> Now:
>> * Populate the iptables FORWARD chain to route traffic from your physical
>> interface to the bridge and back.
>
>  I missed totally this part of the setup. I must admit this topic is a
> little bit new to me.
> Will try to go this way.

The more I read and try with various set up, the less I understand and
the more I break my container :-(

I first managed to solve this empty /etc/resolve.conf by using
/etc/resolveconf.conf facility.
But now, on the container, with the netctl and network files cited
before, I can not connect to network anymore.

*The weird part is that inside the container, the "$ ip addr " command
does not return br0, but only lo. No idea why.
* Then, when testing various kind of netctl profiles, I remarked using
a static IP in my bridge profile breaks immediately the connection to
network on host. At first, I thought it had to do with my empty
/etc/resolve.conf, but nada. This file stays now correct.

So I am now with 24 hours of more work and a broken network on
container! Nice job.