[arch-general] USB S-ATA Adapter

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 09:16:44 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen at web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my Notebook is broken and so i buy a Adapter that i can take my Data
> from the Harddisk.
>
> siefke ~ $  lsusb
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0402:9665 ALi Corp. Gateway Webcam
> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 174c:5106 ASMedia Technology Inc. Transcend StoreJet 25M3
>
> siefke ~ $  ls /dev | grep sd
> sda
> sda1
> sda2
> sdb

This is usually the output when you have no, or in your case likely, a
broken partition table. I did play around with partition table
restoration tools in the past, but I don't remember what tools I was
using back then. Look into packages.archlinux.org, the AUR for more
tools, an anyway good place to start would probably be a tool called
"gpart".

cheers!
mar77i