[arch-general] Default value of "j" in makeflags of makepkg.conf

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Fri Jan 3 15:55:37 EST 2014

On 01/03/2014 10:37 AM, Anatol Pomozov wrote:
> Using -j$(cpunum) is a sane default that saves a lot of time to users.

I agree, but for the record, 'nice' and scheduling are no panacea in my
experience.  It's fine for CPU loads, but compilations are also
disk-heavy (which mattered when I used a spinning disk) and sometimes
RAM-heavy (-j8 on my pet C++ project uses 2GB of RAM, which could push
other programs I'm using into swap).

-Isaac