[arch-general] MAKEFLAGS remodelation

Kalrish Bäakjen kalrish.antrax at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 12:59:49 EST 2014

Hello,

I'm sorry for the confusion. A little research reveals that make
automatically recognises the MAKEFLAGS environmental variable. (I didn't
know it, and I used to add $MAKEFLAGS to each make invocation.)

I agree that a change in makepkg.conf should reflect a change in the
base-devel group. However, I think that a separate JOBS variable would be
more appropiated, and would also work with other build systems if they
eventually get support.

$ grep JOBS /etc/makepkg.conf
JOBS=4
MAKEFLAGS="-j $JOBS"
$ grep make PKGBUILD
make # No change here
$ grep strange-build-system PKGBUILD
strange --parallel=$JOBS

Thanks,
Kalrish

P.S.: at least with community/mpv, it seems that Waf is able to bootstrap
itself, so it's not necessary to install it to build the mentioned package.