[arch-general] MAKEFLAGS remodelation

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 5 14:25:04 EST 2014

On 6 January 2014 02:11, SpinFlo <sl1pkn07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> waf have internal multithreading detection, no need add job options

That may be true, but it does support a job option. [1] I also don't
get the point of this topic, since $MAKEFLAGS simply contains a
hyphen, a character, and a number:

--parellel-jobs=${MAKEFLAGS/-j}

In fact, the job option WAF supports has a shorthand -j, making it
directly compatible with Autotools. I maintain several WAF-based
packages, take a look at them.

As for SCONS, I don't recall appending $MAKEFLAGS to any of the builds
I have been exposed to, but I do see it being used that way in our
repos.

So any other real-world cases where the build system makes this difficult?

[1] https://code.google.com/p/waf/wiki/EnvironmentVariables

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1