[arch-general] Package management

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Jan 5 19:53:58 EST 2014

On 01/05/2014 08:07 AM, Kalrish Bäakjen wrote:
> These were all the ideas. If you haven't understood something, please
> ask. Thanks,
> Kalrish

All are good ideas, but I think they work against simplicity that Arch tries to
maintain. In several cases there are multiple library versions available out of
necessity. libpng, libpng12, etc... I understand what you are proposing, but I
have a feeling it would be manpower prohibitive to do on any larger scale than
what is presently done.

The question I have is "What is the criteria that would determine which packages
need/get multiple versions?"

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.