[arch-general] Thank you

Alper Kanat tunix at raptiye.org
Mon Jan 6 18:07:53 EST 2014

Hey Kyle,

Yes, I'm aware of DigitalOcean. Since many years, I used to have my own
server running Arch on Hetzner and now on DigitalOcean. I used to host my
ex-company's servers on Hetzner which were again Arch boxes. I personally
think that Arch has the best package manager in Linux world.

I now work for a different company and we recently decided to move our
servers from Rackspace to AWS (and we did). The thing is neither of those
providers officially support Arch. (Rackspace doesn't even support Ubuntu
btw -- at least on dedicated machines) So this is really frustrating. I
know that there are some efforts (AWS supported repo's, specially compiled
kernels etc..) to make Arch available on AWS but they didn't last.
Compiling & configuring everything to make the environment possible is not
an option due to time related concerns.

I do my best to spread the word btw. Hopefully Arch will be the next big
thing in Linux world some day. :)

---
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?