[arch-general] Is there a burning tool able to replace K3b?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Jan 25 05:19:29 EST 2014

On 01/21/2014 04:43 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a short question but a long story, perhaps somebody could give some
> hints.
>
> To stop a green drive spinning up and down again and again I removed
> gvfs from my machine, but each time I used K3b seemingly a KDE thingy
> makes my drive spin up and down again and again until I reboot.
>
> Is anybody aware if developers of desktop environments care about things
> like green drives, optional vs hard dependencies?

Ralf,

  You may want to give k3b on TDE a try. I just finished building the package
tonight. See:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trinity#Complete_packages_.28current.29 for
the list of current packages for TDE. It provides k3b (tQt3 version), along with
k9copy. k3b behaves the same way it did in KDE3 in Trinity. Testing is underway,
the final R14 release of Trinity (without hal) should be complete in the next 10
days or so. I have all packages building. So I have x86_64 binaries available
for testing. I just need server space to host them...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.