[arch-general] Kernel 3.13

phanisvara listmail at phanisvara.com
Mon Jan 27 16:28:55 EST 2014

On Monday 27 Jan 2014 22:31:36 Nowaker wrote:
> > i haven't seen this type of thing before and am not sure if this
> > is bug report material or lack of understanding on my part --
> > and if bug report, against what, exactly?
>
> Try disabling Radeon DPM with kernel switch. I don't remember the
> exact name, but it's probably something like radeon.dpm=0. I have
> recently read on the channel that DPM is enabled by default as of
> 3.13. If it's not DPM to blame I suggest to ask the guys on
> #radeon directly.

thanks a lot, disabling DPM with "radeon.dpm=0" as kernel param.
workded fine. i then remembered that i had some custom config. in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ which had proven useful earlier.

after removing both, 20-radeon.conf & 20-intel.conf from that
directory, everything starts fine w/o the no-DPM parameter. seems with
the new kernel, these tweaks aren't needed anymore  :)

--
phani.