[arch-general] TDE binaries for pre-R14 testing are available (i686 & x86_64)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jan 30 12:17:42 EST 2014

On 01/30/2014 01:50 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Package for the Trinity Desktop upcoming R14 release are available for testing.
> These packages are within a few commits of what RC1 for the release will be.
>
> see: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trinity
>
> Short version:
>
>   pacman.conf (i686 or x86_64 as necessary):
>
> [trinity]
> SigLevel = Never
> Server = http://trinity.ceux.org/r14/x86_64
>
>   use meta-package "group" install:
>
> pacman -Sy group
>
>   with "group"
>
>  tde-core       : minimal install - no koffice
>  tde-extra      : moderate install - with koffice
>  tde-base       : almost all of TDE
>
> pacman -Sl trinity to veiw complete list of packages available.
>
> Feedback directly to me or to
>
> http://bugs.pearsoncomputing.net/enter_bug.cgi?product=TDE

There is one issue with the tdm greeter that needs patching due to the loss of
consolekit between the last build and now to prevent tdm from reappearing after
a login attempt:

  sed -i 's/ck-launch-session\ //' /opt/trinity/share/config/tdm/Xsession

(updated tdebase packages are in work)

There were only 2 other immediate issues:

  (1) conflicting x-mplayer2.desktop between kaffeine and tdelibs (fixed)
  (2) tdenetworkmanager crash on start (in work)

Other than that, simply install TDE as listed above, then

  systemctl enable tdm

Shutdown your current desktop and 'systemctl start tdm' -- or just reboot :) It
is running fine. I'm sure there are more issues to be found, but given the full
set of packages had not been updated in a year, it seems to be running great!

All further status updates will be posted to the wiki.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.