[arch-general] Trust This Computer?

Whiskers catwheezel at operamail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:16:57 EDT 2014

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:22:08 -0400 Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi all. I've got an iPod touch fifth generation, iOS 7.1, and I am
>trying to mount it to my Arch Linux box so I can get all the music off
>it. However, when I connect the cable, I get an alert from the iPod
>asking if I trust the computer. I tell it trust, and the computer,
>running Gnome, says the iPod is locked by a passcode, which is not
>true. I did install libimobiledevice and gvfs and that didn't help.
>Any help or pointing in the right direction is very much appreciated.

This topic generated a thread of more than 1300 posts in alt.os.linux
recently.  I /think/ the original poster did find a solution eventually.

It starts here (on 17th May):
Subject: How to work around the new Apple iOS7 infinite loop of mistrust bug  on Linux?
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,alt.os.linux,alt.os.linux.ubuntu

Or for those unable to access usenet properly,
<https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.os.linux/_e0czhOYSHo/discussion>

--
--  Whiskers