[arch-general] Qemu - File sharing using Samba

Csányi Pál csanyipal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 10:40:18 EDT 2014

Hi Guus,

> Op 6 jul. 2014 20:08 schreef "Csányi Pál" <csanyipal at gmail.com> het
> volgende:

>> > On 06.07.14 at 16:14, Csányi Pál wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>
>> OK, I red that and now I'm starting my VM with the command:
>>
>> qemu-system-x86_64 -net nic -net user,smb=/mnt/windows7 -cpu core2duo
>> -m 1024 -k hu -enable-kvm -usbdevice tablet
>> /var/lib/libvirt/images/win7.qcow2
>>
>> Still, when I'm trying to acess the \\10.0.2.4\qemu in Windows
>> explorer, I get nothing. The error message is about that that the
>> server is not responding, saying something about time..
>
> Can you ping that ip adress from Windows?

I can't ping 10.0.2.4 IP address from Windows.

> Second: do you have filesharing enabled in the Windows vm
> (and instructed the firewall to allow that)?

I think I have filesharing enabled in the Windows vm
(and instructed the firewall to allow that)

because I did setup on Windows vm this by following these steps:
http://swerdna.dyndns.org/susesambawin7.html

Still, I'm not sure in that that what did I on Windows vm, because:
1. the \\10.0.2.4\qemu directory is on the host GNU/Linux system, right,
2. the directory I shared on the Windows vm is a directory on that
Windows vm system

so these two settings is for different things, right?

--
Regards from Pal