[arch-general] misconfigured systemd dependencies

Chris Tonkinson chris at tonkinson.com
Wed Jul 9 17:50:30 EDT 2014

On 07/09/2014 05:59 AM, Chris Tonkinson wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have a LUKS drive (called "locker-1"), which is necessary to be
> properly mounted before ZFS can import my pool on boot. I believe
> systemd needs to be explicitly configured to mount dm-crypt devices
> before doing anything ZFS-related, but I'm relatively new to working
> with systemd so I'm stuck on the implementation. I believe the following
> is revelant configuration information:

Based on some additional reading[1] about `/etc/crypttab` I tried adding
`encrypt` as a mkinitcpio HOOK (just before `filesystem`) but it didn't
seem to make any difference. The mentioned reading was fairly specific
to encrypted root partitions, but I thought it might also apply to other
volumes. Not so.

[1]:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/System_configuration#crypttab

Cheers,