[arch-general] Gummiboot and EFISTUB booting irregularities

Bigby James bigby.james at crepcran.com
Thu Jul 10 09:25:18 EDT 2014

On 07/10, Murari wrote:
> Thanks! It's nice (or maybe not...) to know that this is a problem with
> only the EFI stub loader. I do have a standalone grub entry which I haven't
> used in ages. I guess I will just add that to the gummiboot menu as a
> fallback and wait for the next kernel update.

If that's your backup plan, just remember that you'll need a tiny BIOS GRUB
parititon[1] on the disk to get GRUB to boot from a GUID partition table in
legacy mode.

[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Grub#Preliminary_requirements
--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams