[arch-general] Change installation from 64-bit to 32-bit

Scott Lawrence bytbox at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 19:42:39 EDT 2014

Hey,

Never tried that particular piece of reckless foolery :). However, I'd guess
that once the libraries were replaced with incompatible versions, the
installation scripts would start to fail, and then you'd be pretty badly
stuck.

Instead (but this requires a lot of disk space), perhaps install the 64-bit
versions of all current packages to a chroot, and then do a massive copy?
You'd have to be sure to get the important parts in one command on the copy,
otherwise your binaries might start being unusuable. (Or, install busybox and
use that to do things more carefully.)

The wiki has a couple other methods, if you don't have 15G to spare:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Migrating_Between_Architectures_Without_Reinstalling.

--
Scott Lawrence

Linux baidar 3.15.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 1 07:32:45 CEST 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux