[arch-general] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: gparted cant take root priviliges

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Jul 13 04:05:56 EDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-07-11 at 16:57 +0200, Guus Snijders wrote:
> I haven't tested it, but xhost seems a bit superfluous in combination with
> gksudo. Doesn't gksudo take care of setting the X auth itself?

It doesn't.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ gksudo -u chuser qupzilla
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ xhost + ; gksudo -u chuser qupzilla
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
QupZilla: 0 extensions loaded
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ xhost -
access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect

Regards,
Ralf