[arch-general] yaourt - tmpfs error: No space left on device

Bigby James bigby.james at crepcran.com
Fri Jul 18 21:45:33 EDT 2014

On 07/18, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep tmp /etc/fstab
> #tmpfs   /tmp         tmpfs   nodev,nosuid,size=3G          0  0
>
> It's commented out, but I once had to use it and it solved the issue for
> me.

systemd will allocate /tmp to a ramdisk by default, whether you specify it or
not. Specifying tmpfs in /etc/fstab allows you to dictate how large the ramdisk
is, but unless you explicitly stop systemd from mounting /tmp in RAM that's
where it will go.

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams