[arch-general] Recording an online TV broadcast?

StarBrilliant m13253 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:53:42 EDT 2014

在 2014年07月25日 17:54, Csányi Pál 写道:
> Hi,
>
>> Jesse Jaara wrote:
>>> Tvheadend, vlc, mythtv, ffmpeg....

>> also try smplayer ..
>
> Thanks!
>
> Maybe my question wasn't so clear because I don't mentioned the DVB cards in it.
>
> I don't have such DVB card, so I can't to connect my cable TV ( not a
> satellite connection ).
> I mean through a cable modem Internet connection.
> There is online TV channels, such as:
> http://www.mediaklikk.hu/media-lejatszo/?ch=4
>
> I can't open this in VLC.
>
> How can I record this kind of online TV channel?

That website uses Flash based MPEG-TS streaming.

Open F12 Developer Tools, you will see an iframe in the source code.
Open that iframe, read the original source code, line 22, you will find
an URL called *.m3u8.
Grab that URL. you will see three *.m3u8 URLs (relative URL) marked with
different video quality.
Grab the one you need, you will get an *.ts URL.

Feed that URL to your media player or FFmpeg, but pay attention to
Cookie and Referer verification. You can use -user-agent, -cookies or
-headers to help you pass these verifications.