[arch-general] owncloud: incorrect dependencies in PKGBUILD

Neitsab neitsab at ovh.fr
Tue Jul 29 06:49:39 EDT 2014

Hi everybody,

Today I was looking at the installation of ownCloud on my home Arch
server, and I noticed one of the optional dependencies returned by
pacman (php-imagick) couldn't be found in the official repos. Turns out
it's in the AUR [1]. Arch packages' owncloud webpage mentions
"(virtual)" next to php-imagick and has no hyperlink [2]. Is that expected?

Also, after looking at the latest ownCloud official admin manual
prerequisites section [3] it seems package dependencies should be
overhauled:

* php-intl should be moved to optdepends array;
* smbclient should be removed from optdepends (required only for
specific apps, otherwise php-ldap from [extra] should be added too);
* php-apcu and php-xcache should be added to optdepends;
* quite probably php-fpm should be included too since it is mentioned in
the given example nginx config [4];
* and of course, php-imagick should be removed from optdepends if it
isn't expected that AUR packages are mentioned in official repos PKGBUILDs.

I had a go at an amended PKGBUILD, please find it below. Tell me if this
is better suited as a bug report.

Cheers

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/php-imagick
[2] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/owncloud/
[3]
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/7.0/admin_manual/installation/installation_source.html#prerequisites
[4]
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/7.0/admin_manual/installation/installation_source.html#nginx-configuration

# $Id$
# Maintainer: Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s+arch at gmail.com>
# Maintainer: Antonio Rojas <nqn1976 @ gmail.com>
# Based on owncloud-git PKGBUILD by Alexander Ovsyannikov

pkgname=owncloud
pkgver=7.0.0
pkgrel=2
pkgdesc="A cloud server to store your files centrally on a hardware
controlled by you"
arch=('any')
url="http://owncloud.org/"
license=('GPL')
depends=('php-gd')
optdepends=('php-apache: to use the Apache web server'
	    'php-fpm: to use the nginx web server'
	    'php-sqlite: to use the SQLite database backend'
	    'php-pgsql: to use the PostgreSQL database backend'
	    'mariadb: to use the MySQL database backend'
	    'php-intl: to increase language translation performance'
	    'php-mcrypt: to increase file encryption performance'
	    'php-acpu: to enhance performance'
	    'php-xcache: to enhance performance'
	    'ffmpeg: file preview'
	    'libreoffice-common: file preview')
makedepends=()
options=('!strip')
backup=('etc/webapps/owncloud/apache.example.conf')
source=("http://download.owncloud.org/community/$pkgname-${pkgver}.tar.bz2"{,.asc}
	'apache.example.conf')
md5sums=('28cfdc99e8ee9350fe88430b4c7d62f2'
         'SKIP'
         '64c6edf88bcbb37d063e4bf77b39237f')

package() {
  # install license
  install -d ${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}
  cp ${srcdir}/${pkgname}/COPYING-* ${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}

  # install project
  install -d ${pkgdir}/usr/share/webapps/
  cp -a ${srcdir}/${pkgname} ${pkgdir}/usr/share/webapps/

  # install apache config file
  install -d  ${pkgdir}/etc/webapps/${pkgname}
  install -m 644 ${srcdir}/apache.example.conf
${pkgdir}/etc/webapps/${pkgname}

  # move config to /etc
  mv ${pkgdir}/usr/share/webapps/owncloud/config
${pkgdir}/etc/webapps/${pkgname}/config
  chown -R http:http ${pkgdir}/etc/webapps/${pkgname}/config
  ln -s /etc/webapps/${pkgname}/config
${pkgdir}/usr/share/webapps/owncloud/config
}