[arch-general] Ncurses over ssh

luc.linux at mailoo.org luc.linux at mailoo.org
Wed Jul 30 03:21:59 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 01:57:37AM +0200, Timothée Ravier wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand what's your issue here. This command will only
> forward any packets sent to localhost:7777 on the server to port 7777 on
> the client. You still need a program listening on port 7777 on the
> client (either sshd, telnet, my sample program...).
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough : I open the connection with
"ssh [ip] -R 7777:localhost:7777". Once this is done, I launch
"netcat -l -p 7777" on another terminal and "netcat localhost 7777" on
the server. Normally, netcat on the server should read its stdin and
send it to localhost:7777, which is forwarded to my local computer, so I
should see it on the netcat listening. But the netcat on the server
simply exits without any error message, even in verbose mode.

I don't know where the error can be. It worked when I tried local port
forwarding, with the netcat listening on the server and sending messages
from my computer, but that's not what I need. Maybe it is a firewall
issue ? I don't know much in networks and I don't know how to debug
that.