[arch-general] ImageMagick package missing from repos

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:37:56 EDT 2014

On Thursday 31 Jul 2014 09:07:00 Doug Newgard wrote:
> > Your database is probably out of date. Try:
> >
> > # pacman -Syy
> >
> > and try again.
> >
> > Paul
>
> No, do not do -Syy, do -Syu or -Syyu. -Syy just leads to problems.

It *just* leads to problems? Mmm; it *may* lead to problems, yes. Experience of what
happens in practice tells me that it will almost certainly be fine and will avoid a potentially long
and unwanted system update in the middle of work.

But yes, technically, it's better to do -Syu so that you're not potentially installing a package
that was built against another package that you have have an out-of-date version of, possibly
leading to the new package segfaulting or failing to launch.

Paul