[arch-general] Kernel updated to 3.14.5-1. Now my Lenovo IdeaPad hangs on boot...

André Vitor andre.vmatos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 11:11:45 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Manuel Reimer <Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use "gummiboot" to boot my Notebook. So far all kernel updates worked
> well and I never got any problems, but for some reason the update to 3.14.5
> now causes my system to no longer boot up.
>
> Can someone help me to find the reason for the problem and to get my
> Notebook to boot up again?

Try booting in legacy/bios mode. Inside system, try just recompiling kernel
from official pkgbuild.
In my HP laptop, some kernels just refuses to boot in UEFI mode, hanging in
kernel loading (directly or from any bootloader, as refind). Recompiling
kernel or downgrading to previous working fix the issue.

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/andre.vmatos