[arch-general] Java 8

Guillaume ALAUX guillaume at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 4 17:20:23 EDT 2014

On 2 June 2014 03:21, Boyan Ding <stu_dby at 126.com> wrote:
> Hi Guillaume,
> I really appreciate your work, but are the versioning of the openjdk8*
> packages correct? They should be 8.u0_b132 or simply 8.u0 instead of
> 8.u132...
>
> By the way I also made a PKGBUILD [1] based on yours and it's currently
> on 8u5. The prebuilt packages are available on the OBS [2]. It added
> some packages from Fedora to use system libs. No idea whether they fit
> Arch.
>
> Regards,
> Boyan Ding
>
> [1] https://github.com/dboyan/openjdk8-noicedtea
> [2]
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dboyan:/openjdk8/Arch_Extra/

Hi Boyan,

The versionning scheme shojuld be as you say. I must have missed that.

Thank you very much for sharing this. I have included your versionning
scheme and use of upstream tarball in my PKGBUILD.

Up to date packages are available on the repo [0].

Also you might be interested in the very last version of the sources
[1] (branch "with-meta" uses meta JDK packages as explained earlier on
this thread. Be careful though, branch master is not exactly up to
date). I did not use patches for system libs, I will "stay vanilla"
until IcedTea take care of it.

Just out of curiosity: are you officially affiliated with OpenSuse?

[0] http://pkgbuild.com/~guillaume/repos/jdk
[1] https://github.com/galaux/java8-openjdk/tree/with-meta