[arch-general] How do I _really_ fix the superblock?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Jun 7 12:49:58 EDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-06-07 at 12:43 -0400, Leonid Isaev wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, when exactly do you see the fsck warning: at
> each reboot, or when booting after some downtime? Also, how do you
> syncronize time: ntpd/chrony/timesyncd?

I see the warning with each startup, it doesn't matter if I reboot or if
I boot after a long downtime. The clock is ok. I sync manually

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat /usr/local/bin/tool
#!/bin/bash

# /usr/local/bin/tool

case $1 in
[snip]
        ntp)
            ntpdate ntp.favey.ch
            hwclock --set --date "$(date)";;
[snip]

The warning about the wrong superblock time isn't an issue, the problem
is that with each startup the / partition is checked. I thought this is
caused by the wrong superblock time, but IIUC it's another bug.