[arch-general] python2-lockfile signature failure

Chris Tonkinson chris at masterbran.ch
Tue Jun 10 17:55:21 EDT 2014

> I had to modify the default signature verification in
> `/etc/pacman.conf` to
>
>     SigLevel = Required DatabaseOptional TrustAll
>
> and now it's looking good.

FYI, turns out this wasn't enough for all cases. No combination of
signature levels, updating mirrors/databases, clearing
/etc/pacman.d/gnupg/, or running `pacman-key --init` made a difference.

On both installs of new packages, and updates of existing software, I
would continually be plagued with:

    :: Import PGP key 2048R/........, "A B <A at archlinux.org>", created:
YYYY-MM-DD? [Y/n]

And answering "Y" resulted in:

    error: required key missing from keyring
    error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)

Finally, `pacman-key --populate` causes everything to resume working as
before (that is to say, without any key prompting - official repos or
otherwise). This is slightly surprising to me because I've never needed
to run this in the past (but have been managing this particular new
installation with Puppet, so I'm willing to blame that).

Cheers!
-Chris

Chris Tonkinson
610.425.7807

  "Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to
die tomorrow."
  -Benjamin Franklin