[arch-general] Mounting cdrom/dvd stopped working after updates in last week or so

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 05:33:56 EDT 2014

On 11 June 2014 07:19, mick <bareman at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> Updates I installed in the last week or so have caused this error message to appear instead of the disk being mounted:
>
> Error mounting /dev/sr1 at /run/media/mick/VMDVEC_ESSH_ENG1: Command-line `mount -t "iso9660" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=100,iocharset=utf8,mode=0400,dmode=0500" "/dev/sr1" "/run/media/mick/VMDVEC_ESSH_ENG1"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: unknown filesystem type 'iso9660'
>
> Also when I try to mount my USB hard drive I got the following:
>
> Error mounting /dev/sde2 at /run/media/mick/Portable: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=100,dmask=0077,fmask=0177" "/dev/sde2" "/run/media/mick/Portable"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: unknown filesystem type 'ntfs'
>
> Prior to these problems the hard disk would only mount as read only, very useful for a back device.
>
> where can I find the solution to these problems?

Was one of the updates your kernel (e.g. linux package)? If so, have
you rebooted since? Your problem is that the kernel modules (e.g.
ntfs.ko and isofs.ko) for the kernel you have booted are no longer on
your filesystem (presumably they have been replaced by the modules for
a newer kernel).

Cheers,

WorMzy