[arch-general] Odd Problem After Install

Bigby James bigby.james at crepcran.com
Wed Jun 11 10:01:35 EDT 2014

On 06/10, Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
> There are, in fact, lines below the cleaning status. Looks
> to me like part of the init process: I see a two lines from netctl
> saying that it is restoring my profile, another saying that I've
> reached the default user runlevel, and another that says starting
> target graphical interface.

You're right, those are part of the boot/init process.  They're presence is
normal, and because of that it's hard to determine what problem you're trying to
solve. Without knowing what it is you *expect* to see, we can't determine how
that's different from what you actually do see. Many of us see those messages
time and time again, and think nothing of it. So what exactly are you looking
for help with, and why did you think merely reinstalling X would solve it?

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams