[arch-general] Setup of HiDPI with awesome wm

tlux tlux at ghelew.ch
Wed Jun 18 12:28:21 EDT 2014

Hi all,

It's the first time I am requesting help through this distribution list. So
excuse me if I am in the wrong place.

So, here is my point:
I have a lenovo T540p with a 3K screen display and, as
one could image, I have very small fonts and icons which are barelly visible at
normal distance from the screen. I've manage to increase fonts size in  my
configurations files. However, from time to time I need to connect to a 19"
monitor(1280x1024) and the result is terrible (to say the least).

Is there someone who is in the same situation? and what is your workaround?
Please note that I am using Awesome WM and thus cannot use the scaling
factor(Gnome 3) as described here:https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI

One option I thought of would be to create an udev rule that would detect
the monitor's connection and trigger a script that would make all the necessary
connfiguration changes. What do you guys think?

Thanks!