[arch-general] Xsession inconsitencies in login managers

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 04:50:33 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Damjan Georgievski <gdamjan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've checked xdm, kdm and lightdm only for now, but all use different
> Xsession scripts to start the user session. Not that they are just
> different scripts/files, they behave completely differently.
>
> Should we strive for some consitency here?
>
> --
> damjan

The Xsession scripts in kdm and xdm come from upstream, they work for us
with minimal patching (to source our xinitrc scripts), I don't think
radically changing them is useful. As for the scrips in lxdm and lightdm,
they're essentially the same already (note that lightdm doesn't come with
one at all, I shamelessly copied gentoo's script).

Of course I'm open to suggestions to improve the lightdm script as there is
no upstream there.

Cheers,
--
Maxime