[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] nfs-utils-1.3.0 enters [testing]

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Fri Jun 20 16:39:37 EDT 2014

On 06/20/2014 04:16 PM, Genes Lists wrote:
> ..rpc.nfsd[872]: rpc.nfsd: writing fd to kernel failed: errno 11(...ed)

  More strangeness - after a while I tried loading all the pieces by
hand - and suprisingly that worked. Then after that, the systemd
nfs-server service works if re-started ... specifically I did:

systemctl restart proc-fs-nfsd.mount

systemctl restart rpcbind
systemctl restart nfs-mountd.service
systemctl restart rpc-statd.service
systemctl restart nfs-idmapd.service
systemctl restart rpc-svcgssd.service
systemctl restart rpc-statd-notify.service
systemctl restart nfs-mountd
systemctl restart rpc-gssd.service rpc-svcgssd.service

exportfs -r
/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd

systemctl restart rpcbind
systemctl restart rpc-statd-notify.service
systemctl  status  rpc-statd-notify.service

All worked fine. Then if I do
systemctl restart nfs-server

there are no more errors.

I am stumped. Only thing I did not mention was I did reboot server after
installing the new nfs-utils from testing (kernel 3.15.1).
nfs-server did not start on boot - or by (re)starting nfs-server service
after machine was up (and nfs-server service failed) during boot.

Perplexed - but sharing in case others see similar odd behaviour.

Gene