[arch-general] A bug report when installing bbswith, depmod:ERROR

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 5 06:57:21 EST 2014

Am 05.03.2014 12:39, schrieb Felix Yan:
> On Wednesday, March 05, 2014 19:36:28 Liuyang wrote:
>>   depmod: ERROR: Module 'hci_vhci' has devname (vhci) but lacks major
>>   and minor information. Ignoring
>>
>> I got the message above after I update my system to the newest released
>> version. Then bbswith and bumblebee doesn't work now. I tried to
>> reinstall that two packages but it still reported the bug message. What
>> can I do?
>> PS: Forgive my pool English.
>
> Please at least search on our bug tracker first.
>
> Here's the link: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/38686

It's funny how people get the idea that this bug report has anything to
do with bbswitch not working. Yet, there is no bug report open regarding
any problems with bbswitch.

If you have a problem, open a bug report describing *your problem*. Do
not hijack an entirely unrelated bug report that you *think* may be
related. If your problem turns out to be related, a bug wrangler or
developer can take appropriate action.