[arch-general] bridge with netctl

Joakim Hernberg jbh at alchemy.lu
Thu Mar 6 08:30:39 EST 2014

On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:03:54 +0100
arnaud gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no idea what part of the setup is missing.
>
> I run a custom kernel, so is there any wrong configuration on it ? The
> kernel is moderately customized, but maybe did I disabled some needed
> flag ?

I can't help you with your specific problem, but one thing is that you
need to do, is to enable the machine to forward ip packets from one
interface to another.  Create something like
a /etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf and add this:

# Enable packet forwarding
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding = 1

If you run a firewall like iptables you'll also have to enable packet
forwarding between the interfaces in the firewall.

--

   Joakim