[arch-general] bridge with netctl

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 08:45:14 EST 2014

On 06-03-2014 13:23, Paul Gideon Dann wrote:

> Hi Arnaud. This doesn't seem right to me. The purpose of a bridge is to connect several
> interfaces together. Your bridge is not bound to any interfaces, so it's effectively useless,
> unless there's some special use of bridges I'm not familiar with.

Although for a different use I setup a bridge that doesn't bind to any
interfaces, it is meant to be used by qemu later where several tap
interfaces will be connected.

I suppose that now systemd-nspwan might also be able to make use of a
similar setup, as it seems Arnaud is trying to use, I haven't tried it
myself though (and it seems to be a recently added functionality).

--
Mauro Santos