[arch-general] systemd-nspawn/systemd-networkd/

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 17:46:59 EST 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Daniel Micay <danielmicay at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/03/14 04:45 PM, arnaud gaboury wrote:
>>
>> I just want to share my experience. Some parts of this tool have a
>> zero level documentation and are much more too complicated, especially
>> whith no clear manuals.
>
> Can you point out one of these parts? systemd-networkd does not have
> zero documentation.
>
>> But I guess we can not do anything, right ? It is a little bit like
>> politics: we, citizens, we can't do so much to make things change.
>
> It's an open-source, collaborative project. It's not developed by a card
> carrying cabal. Several Arch developers have commit access upstream and
> you're free to contribute to the documentation.

I finally managed to boot the container with a working network and a
static IP. I only used netctl, as systemd-networkd is still a mistery
to me.

I am not a dev and thus can not contribute in a efficient manner.
Nevertheless, I will write a Arch wiki on systemd-nspawn, as for now
there is nothing about it.
Sorry for my yesterday nerves, but honestly, documentation exists on
systemd-nspawn, systemd-network, but it is very basic. It lacks in
fact a good example, from the container creation to the network setup.
But maybe shall all this be written in a WIKI.
Btw,
# pacstrap -c -d ~/arch-tree/ base as exposed on systemd-nspawn[1]
left me with a broken filesystem with a lot of missing libs. I
installed the container from the usual Arch ISO mechanism.

[1]http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-nspawn.html