[arch-general] systemd-nspawn/systemd-networkd/

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 05:06:27 EST 2014

On Thursday 06 Mar 2014 23:46:59 arnaud gaboury wrote:
> I finally managed to boot the container with a working network and a
> static IP. I only used netctl, as systemd-networkd is still a mistery
> to me.
[...]
> It lacks in
> fact a good example, from the container creation to the network setup.
> But maybe shall all this be written in a WIKI.

I've had a quick look at systemd-networkd, and I don't think it would be
significantly different to set up than netctl in your case. I think the problem
was one of theory: I don't know how much reading you've done, but you need
to understand some theory of the networking stack, network interfaces,
bridges etc... before you can make a sensible configuration. I think that's
beyond the scope of the documentation for most of these tools, although it
would certainly make sense for the wiki to document some common use-cases.

Paul