[arch-general] Problems of using pacman and updating the filesystem

Cao, Renzhi (MU-Student) rcrg4 at mail.missouri.edu
Fri Mar 7 17:20:26 EST 2014

Hi,
      Continue previous email, I think the warning of "core" does not exists if fixed.
       I try this command: #pacman -Syu mkinitcpio systemd linux
      Finally, it shows:
 error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
filesystem: /bin exists in filesystem
filesystem: /sbin exists in filesystem
filesystem: /usr/sbin exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

      I try : #pacman -Qqo /bin /sbin /usr/sbin | pacman -Qm –    ( based on the instruction from: https://www.archlinux.org/news/binaries-move-to-usrbin-requiring-update-intervention/)

      I get the following information:

sysvinit-tool 2.88-9
lilo 23.2-3
grub-common 2.00-1
sysvinit-tool 2.88-9
lilo 23.2-3

        How can I fix this?

       I checked the /bin,/sbin,/usr/sbin, I find out the following file may contain the package need to fixed:
      /sbin/lilo
      /usr/sbin/liloconfig
      /usr/sbin/lilo-uuid-diskid
     /usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup, grub-mkconfig,ofpathname,reboot,sparc64setup,install,mknetdir,probe,set-default

     #find /bin /sbin /usr/sbin -exec pacman -Qo -- {} + >/dev/null ,  have no output
     I don't have any packages in IgnorePkg or IgnoreGroup.

     Thank you all.

Renzhi Cao